Warm mustard lamb, lentil and feta salad
- 8 baby potatoes, quartered
- 1 large red capsicum, sliced
- 1 medium red onion, halved, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 100g green beans, trimmed
- 420g can no-added-salt brown lentils, rinsed, drained
- 400g lamb backstrap, trimmed
- ¼ cup wholegrain mustard
- zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 60g baby rocketarugulaX
- ¹⁄³ cup flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 80g reduced-fat feta, crumbled
1 Preheat the oven to 200°C. Combine the potatoes, capsicum, onion and the garlic in a roasting pan. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and season with cracked black pepper. Toss to coat. Roast for 20 minutes, or until potato is tender, adding beans and lentils in the last 5 minutes of cooking.
2 Meanwhile, brush the lamb with half the mustard. Spray with olive oil. Heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the lamb and cook, (brushing the lamb occasionally with remaining mustard), for 4 minutes each side for medium-rare, or until done to your liking. Transfer to plate. Cover with foil. Rest for 5 minutes. Slice.
3 Add lemon juice and zest, rocket and parsley to roast vegetables. Toss veggies to combine. Divide the vegies among four serving plates. Serve salad topped with lamb and feta, and season with cracked black pepper
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 11.5g
–Saturated fat 3.9g
Dietary fibre 8.1g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.