Lighter Kiwi onion dip
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ¾ cup water
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 4 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 1 ⅓ cups low-fat Greek-style yoghurt
- ¼ teaspoon Tuscan seasoning
- 2 tablespoons light cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives or parsley
- To serve
- 2 cups celery sticks
- 2 cups carrot sticks
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, chargrilled
- 1 wholemeal pita bread, cut into triangles, sprayed with oil and grilled
- 8 Rosemary biscuits
Log In or Sign Up to save this recipe to your shopping list.
1 Place onion and garlic in a pan with oil and heat. Cook over a very low heat for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally, until lightly golden.
2 Add water to the pan and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat, cover and simmer until all the water has evaporated.
3 Add onion powder and vinegar and cook for a further 5 minutes. Set to one side to cool completely. Once cold, purée the onions.
4 Stir in the yoghurt, seasoning and light cream; chill. Sprinkle with chives and serve with vegetable sticks, tomatoes, pita chips and Rosemary biscuits.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free bread instead of pita, and gluten-free flour in Rosemary biscuits ADD LINK. Check Greek-style yoghurt and Tuscan seasoning are gluten free.
- This dip is best eaten on the day it’s made.
- Re-taste dip after chilling as flavours can alter while chilling.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 7g
–Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 2g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
More recipes you may like
RELATED ADVICE LATEST ADVICE
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.