Gluten-free sticky date puddings with caramel sauce
- 100g dried pitted dates, chopped
- ½ teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons macadamia oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, plus 1 teaspoon extra
- 2 tablespoons brown sugarlight brown cane sugarX, plus 2 tablespoons extra
- ¹⁄³ cup gluten-free plain flourall purpose flourX
- 1 teaspoon gluten-free baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ cup almond meal
- ¹⁄³ cup light thickened cooking cream
1 Preheat oven to 170°C. Lightly grease six holes of a ¹⁄³-cup capacity muffin pan and line bases with a round of baking paper.
2 Place dates and bicarb in a small heatproof bowl. Add ½ cup boiling water, stirring to combine. Set aside until mixture has cooled to room temperature.
3 Using electric beaters, beat egg, oil, vanilla and sugar in a large bowl for 2 minutes. Add date mixture, stirring to combine. Sift in flour, baking powder, cinnamon and ginger, then add almond meal, mixing well to combine.
4 Divide mixture among prepared holes and bake for 18–20 minutes or until puddings are golden and a skewer inserted in centre comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before inverting onto a wire rack.
5 Meanwhile, place cream, extra sugar and vanilla in a small saucepan and cook, stirring occasionally, for 3–4 minutes or until sauce has slightly reduced. Serve puddings drizzled with caramel sauce.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 14.1g
–Saturated fat 3.1g
Dietary fibre 2.7g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
More recipes you may like