Low-FODMAP zingy chicken chilli with carrot, coriander and lime salad
- Carrot, coriandercilantroX and lime salad
- 2-3 medium-sized carrots, peeled, grated
- ½ tablespoon garlic-infused oil
- ½ tablespoon ciderhard ciderX vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriandercilantroX
- 1 large lime, juice
- Zingy chicken
- 2 teaspoons garlic-infused oil
- 1 large red chilli, deseeded, chopped
- 1 bunch spring onion greens, finely chopped
- 3 medium-sized courgettezucchiniXszucchini, summer squashX, cut lengthwise in 4 then chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon ground chilli
- ½ teaspoon ground paprika
- 1 cup sliced green beans
- ½ cup quinoa
- 1 cup Low-FODMAP slow-cooker chicken stock
- ⅓ cup chopped fresh coriandercilantroX, plus a little extra, to garnish (optional)
- 3 cups coarsely shredded (or cut in bite-sized pieces) cooked chicken
- 1 lime, juice
- 6 corn sweetcornXtortillas
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
1 To make salad, place carrots in a bowl. Add remaining ingredients and mix well. Set aside.
2 In a saucepan heat oil and gently cook chilli, spring onion greens and courgettes. When vegetables are tender add dried spices and cook for 1 minute. Add beans.
3 While vegetables are cooking rinse quinoa in a sieve then place in a small saucepan with stock. Bring to the boil and simmer gently, stirring from time to time, until all liquid has been absorbed and quinoa is fluffy.
4 Add cooked quinoa and coriander to spiced vegetable mixture and mix well. Gently fold through chicken, cover and heat gently until chicken is heated through.
5 Squeeze in lime juice and divide chilli in 6 portions to serve on top of each tortilla. Scatter some tomatoes on top. Add salad to tortilla filling or serve on the side.
Make it gluten free: Check spices and tortillas are gluten free.
This recipe is suitable for people on a low-FODMAP diet, based on Monash University published tolerance levels as at October 2014.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 9g
–Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 7g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
More recipes you may like
Low FODMAP recipes for IBS