Low-FODMAP zingy chicken chilli with carrot, coriander and lime salad
(at time of publication)
- Carrot, coriandercilantroX and lime salad
- 2-3 medium-sized carrots, peeled, grated
- ½ tablespoon garlic-infused oil
- ½ tablespoon ciderhard ciderX vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriandercilantroX
- 1 large lime, juice
- Zingy chicken
- 2 teaspoons garlic-infused oil
- 1 large red chilli, deseeded, chopped
- 1 bunch spring onion greens, finely chopped
- 3 medium-sized courgetteszucchini, summer squashX, cut lengthwise in 4 then chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon ground chilli
- ½ teaspoon ground paprika
- 1 cup sliced green beans
- ½ cup quinoa
- 1 cup Low-FODMAP slow-cooker chicken stock
- ⅓ cup chopped fresh coriandercilantroX, plus a little extra, to garnish (optional)
- 3 cups coarsely shredded (or cut in bite-sized pieces) cooked chicken
- 1 lime, juice
- 6 corn sweetcornXtortillas
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
1 To make salad, place carrots in a bowl. Add remaining ingredients and mix well. Set aside.
2 In a saucepan heat oil and gently cook chilli, spring onion greens and courgettes. When vegetables are tender add dried spices and cook for 1 minute. Add beans.
3 While vegetables are cooking rinse quinoa in a sieve then place in a small saucepan with stock. Bring to the boil and simmer gently, stirring from time to time, until all liquid has been absorbed and quinoa is fluffy.
4 Add cooked quinoa and coriander to spiced vegetable mixture and mix well. Gently fold through chicken, cover and heat gently until chicken is heated through.
5 Squeeze in lime juice and divide chilli in 6 portions to serve on top of each tortilla. Scatter some tomatoes on top. Add salad to tortilla filling or serve on the side.
Make it gluten free: Check spices and tortillas are gluten free.
This recipe is suitable for people on a low-FODMAP diet, based on Monash University published tolerance levels as at October 2014.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 9g
–Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 7g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.