Lunchbox: Chicken, chickpea and roasted pumpkin salad + snacks
(at time of publication)
- 125g peeled pumpkin, cut into 2cm cubes (approx. 1 cup)
- olive spray oil
- ½ x 400g can chickpeagarbanzoXsgarbanzosX, rinsed, drained
- 40g lean cooked chicken breast, chopped
- 40g oil-free roasted red capsicum, chopped
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 2 teaspoons white balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Plus snacks
- 150g tub low-fat plain yoghurt, combined with 1 tablespoon berries and 2 teaspoons desiccated coconut
- 2 Vita-Weat crispbreads spread with 2 teaspoons no-added-salt peanut butter
1 Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a small baking tray with baking paper. Place pumpkin on prepared tray and lightly spray with olive oil. Roast for 20 minutes, or until golden and tender.
2 Combine roasted pumpkin, chickpeas, chicken, roasted capsicum and spinach in a bowl. Transfer to an airtight container and refrigerate until ready to serve. To serve, drizzle salad with balsamic and oil, and toss to combine.
- Instead of pumpkin, try using 1/2 cup leftover roast vegetables, such as potato or kumara.
- Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free crackers.
Note: Nutrition information applies to total lunchbox.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 25g
–Saturated fat 7g
Dietary fibre 15g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.