Melon, mint and ginger cooler
(at time of publication)
- about 1.25cm fresh ginger, finely grated
- 2 limes, zest and juice
- 1 vanilla pod, seeds scraped out
- 1 cup water
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon liquid honey
- 1 small rockmelon, flesh cut in small cubes
- 1 small honeydew melon, flesh cut in small cubes
- 1 mango, flesh cut in cubes
- ⅓ cup sliced fresh mint
- 8-10 ice cubes
1 Place ginger, lime zest and juice, vanilla seeds and pod, water, sugar and honey in a pot and boil for 8-10 minutes or until syrupy.
2 Leave syrup to cool then mix in melons, mango, mint and ice cubes.
3 Divide among glasses and serve chilled.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 1g
–Saturated fat 0g
Dietary fibre 2g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.