Mini pumpkin pies
(at time of publication)
- You’ll need
- 16-muffin tin
- pastry cutter (7cm round)
- rolling pin
- 350g plain flourall purpose flourX
- pinch salt
- 175g low-fat spread suitable for baking (around 50% fat)
- oil spray
- ½ cup pumpkin purée
- ½ cup apple purée
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 eggs, beaten
- ⅓ cup trim milk
- ⅓ cup sugar
- ¼ cup icingfrostingX sugar (optional)
1 Preheat oven to 180°C. Lightly grease muffin tin. Place all the ingredients for the pastry in a blender and process until the mixture forms breadcrumbs. Add enough water (about ¼ cup) and process until the mixture comes together to form a soft dough.
2 Remove from the processor and roll out pastry as thinly as possible on a piece of greaseproof paper. Use the cutter to cut out 16 rounds (the pastry can be re-rolled). Place the rounds in the muffin tin. Use a fork to prick the bases.
3 Place the purée in a large mixing bowl. Stir in spices. Beat eggs together with the milk and sugar, and add to the purée.
4 Spoon the mix between the pastry cases (for leftover filling, see tip). Bake in the oven for 20–25 minutes, or until golden and firm to touch. Leave to cool before removing from the tin. Once cold, serve plain with a few Halloween props, such as toy spiders, or sprinkle with a little icing sugar.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free flour, and check spices and icing sugar are gluten free.
- Older kids may wish to make cobwebs on the pies using runny icing. Mix the icing sugar with enough water to make it runny. Use a teaspoon or an icing pen to make cobweb patterns on the pies.
- The pies keep well for two days in an airtight container.
- If you have leftover filling, cook it in the muffin tin for 20 minutes and serve as a light muffin.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 7g
–Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 1g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us