Mixed bean and tuna saladReviewed by our expert panel
(at time of publication)
- ½ x 300g can four-bean mix, drained, rinsed
- 1 tablespoon sliced oil-free sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 small Roma tomato, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- ¼ firm ripe avocado, diced
- ½ Lebanese cucumber, diced
- 95g can tuna in spring water, drained, flaked
- ½ cup baby rocketarugulaX
- ½ cup baby spinach
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
1 Combine bean mix, tomatoes, celery, avocado, cucumber, tuna and salad greens in a bowl. Season with freshly ground black pepper and drizzle with balsamic to taste. Toss to combine.
- This is a light lunch. To make it heartier, add some cooked rice or gluten-free pasta.
- One small bag of ingredients makes this recipe plus four other tasty, healthy lunches – see On-the-job: One list makes five lunches.
Make a dip for a snack with remaining beans: mash with herbs and a dash of olive oil.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 9g
–Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 15g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information