Moroccan spiced chickpea salad
- 1 1 /2 cups quinoa (mixture of dark and pale if available)
- 1 1/2 cups very low salt vegetable stock
- 400g can chickpeagarbanzoXsgarbanzosX, drained
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Juice 1 lemon
- 1 teaspooon ras el hanout (or harissa paste or paprika)
- 8 cherry tomatoes, halved
- ¼ cucumber, deseeded and diced
- 4 spring onions, finely chopped
- 2/3 cup pomegranate seeds (or raisins)
- Handful of fresh mint or coriandercilantroX leaves, torn
- 2 tablespoons flaked almonds, toasted
1 Put the quinoa in a saucepan with the stock and bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 10–15 min until all the stock has been absorbed. Remove from the heat, cover and leave to stand for 5 min.
2 Put the chickpeas into a wide bowl and add the oil, lemon juice and spice. Mix well to coat the chickpeas, then add the quinoa and all the other ingredients and gently toss them together. Season with freshly ground black pepper to serve.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 13.3g
–Saturated fat 1.5g
Dietary fibre 10g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
More recipes you may like