Muffin tin pancakes
- ½ cup wholemeal flour
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup trim milk (or non-dairy equivalent)
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup (optional)
- oil spray
- No-dairy topping
- ⅓ cup fine desiccated coconut
- 1 cup fruit (eg. peaches, apples, blueberries)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
1 Preheat oven to 200°C. Add flour to a bowl and whisk in the eggs. Gradually add milk (and maple syrup, if using), and keep whisking until batter is smooth. Spray a muffin tin with oil. Divide batter between 12 muffin cups (each about one-third full).
2 Bake for 12—15 minutes until golden-brown. The pancakes will puff up a little during baking, then go flat when you remove them from the oven.
3 Combine topping ingredients and spoon onto pancakes.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 4g
–Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 1g
- Instead of fresh fruit, try using canned or frozen.
- Make the pancakes gluten free: Use gluten-free flour.
- For a dairy-free batter, try using soy, oat or almond milk.
- For warm pancakes, add topping then return tray to oven for another 5—7 minutes.
- For more colour, decorate plate with a handful of seasonal berries, kiwifruit slices or mint leaves.
1 cup reduced-fat ricotta (or try Philadelphia light cream cheese spread)
1 ripe banana, peeled and mashed
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
squeeze lemon juice (to prevent browning)
- Nutrition information per pancake with nut-free topping: 320kJ (77cal), 5g protein, 3g total fat, 1g sat fat, 10g carbs, 4g sugars, 1g fibre, 60mg sodium, 50mg calcium, 0.5mg iron
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us