Nut and veg rice saladReviewed by our expert panel
(at time of publication)
- 1 ¼ cups rice
- 400g can chickpeagarbanzoXsgarbanzosX, drained, rinsed
- 2 cups diced vegetables such as capsicums, spring onion, cucumber
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- ⅓ cup oil-free sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- ⅓ cup cashew nuts
- ⅓ cup dates or apricots
- 75g feta cheese, cubed
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic purée
- ¼ cup orange juice
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
1 Cook rice until tender. Place in a large serving bowl. Add chickpeas, chopped vegetables, nuts and fruit and mix together. Add feta and mix lightly.
2 Mix all dressing ingredients together and pour over rice. Toss lightly and serve.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 21g
–Saturated fat 7g
Dietary fibre 7g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information