Orange dream cake
(at time of publication)
- 6 eggs
- ½ cup castor sugar
- 1 cup freshly squeezed orange juice (about 4 oranges, including pulp)
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- dollop low-fat plain yoghurt, to serve
Log In or Sign Up to save this recipe to your shopping list.
- Preheat the oven to 190°C. Mix eggs and sugar in a food processor. Add remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Grease a coffee cake tin (a round cake tin with a hole in the middle). Pour in the cake mixture and bake for 35 minutes. Test with a skewer. If not done yet (if skewer comes out with bits of cake batter stuck to it), reduce heat to 150°C and bake for another 10 minutes, then test again.
- Remove cake from oven and cool. Serve with a dollop of low-fat plain yoghurt.
If your regular diet is low in refined sugar, you can omit the castor sugar from this recipe. The result will still taste sweet to you because of the orange juice and coconut flour.
Make it gluten free: Check baking powder is gluten free.
This cake tastes delicious freshly baked or the next day, so you can make it in advance.
You can use muffin tins instead of a cake tin – the baking time will be 18-20 minutes.
NOTE: If you have a nut allergy and are using packaged goods in recipes, please check the allergen warning on the packet regarding nuts.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 4g
–Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 2g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
More recipes you may like
RELATED ADVICE LATEST ADVICE
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.