Peppered beef and parsley saladReviewed by our expert panel
(at time of publication)
- 2 cups salad potatoes (I used Petite)
- 2 cups peas
- 1 cup roughly chopped green beans
- 2 (approx 200g each) scotch fillet beef steaks
- ½ tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon whole grain mustard (I used Maille)
- 3 tablespoons lite crème fraîche (or use unsweetened low-fat yoghurt)
- 1 cup (around 12) cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 large handful flat-leaf parsley, roughly chopped
1 Put the potatoes into a pan of salted cold water. Bring to the boil and simmer for 10-15 minutes, or until just tender. Add the peas and beans for the last 2 minutes of cooking. Drain then rinse in cold water. Slice the potatoes in half and put into a serving bowl with the peas and beans.
2 While the potatoes are cooking, put the steaks into a shallow dish with the oil, then rub in the pepper and a sprinkle of salt.
3 Heat a frying pan over a high heat until hot, then add the steaks. Fry for 2 minutes on each side for rare (3-5 minutes on each side for medium to well-done, depending on the thickness of the steaks). Remove from the pan and set aside.
4 Put the mustard into a bowl with the crème fraîche and mix together. Thinly slice the steaks and add to the serving bowl with the tomatoes, parsley and mustard dressing. Toss together and serve.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 13.1g
–Saturated fat 4.8g
Dietary fibre 8.9g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information