Prawn tacos with charred corn, cabbage and avocado
- 400g raw peeled prawns, deveined
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 teaspoons dried chilli flakes
- 420g can no-added-salt corn sweetcornXkernels, rinsed, drained
- 150g red cabbage, shredded
- 2 large carrots, shredded
- 2 spring onions, sliced
- 4 red radishes, scrubbed, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil (or olive oil)
- juice of 1 lime plus lime wedges to serve
- 1 medium ripe avocado
- 4 wholegrain flour tortillas, heated
- ¼ cup coriandercilantroX leaves
1 Combine the prawns, garlic and half of the chilli in a bowl. Spray a large non-stick frying pan with olive oil and set over medium-high heat. Cook prawns, in batches, for 2 minutes each side, or until changed in colour. Transfer prawns to a plate.
2 Add the corn to pan and cook for 3 minutes, or until browned. Remove from heat. Combine the charred corn, cabbage, carrot, spring onions, radish, oil and half of the lime juice in a large bowl. Season with cracked black pepper.
3 Mash the avocado in a small bowl. Add the remaining lime juice and season to taste.
4 Spread tortillas with mashed avocado. Top with the cabbage salad, the coriander leaves and prawns. Sprinkle with remaining chilli. Serve the prawn tacos with lime wedges.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 18.3g
–Saturated fat 4.3g
Dietary fibre 12.9g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information