Pork in apricot sauce with herby mash
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 1 small kumara, peeled, chopped
- 1 tablespoon dried herb mix
- 5 dried apricots, roughly chopped
- 4 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sugar apricot jamjellyX
- 1 teaspoons salt-reduced soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 pork medallion steak (125g), fat-trimmed
- sprinkling of Tuscan seasoning
- 100g frozen vegetables, steamed
Total fat 16g
Saturated fat 4g
Dietary fibre 10g
1 Cook kumara until tender. Drain and mash. Combine with herb mix and keep warm.
2 Place apricots, orange juice, jam, soy sauce and water in a small pan. Heat until jam has just melted. Purée until smooth and keep warm.
3 Sprinkle steak with a little Tuscan seasoning. Cook steak in a non-stick pan or under grill until tinged lightly golden. Serve steak with the sauce, mash and steamed vegetables.
The apricot purée works equally well with a chicken breast, too.
You can make the kumara mash in a larger quantity and then keep in the fridge in a sealed container for a few days.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us