Pork in apricot sauce with herby mash
- 1 small kumarasweet-potatoX, peeled, chopped
- 1 tablespoon dried herb mix
- 5 dried apricots, roughly chopped
- 4 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sugar apricot jamjellyX
- 1 teaspoons salt-reduced soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 pork medallion steak (125g), fat-trimmed
- sprinkling of Tuscan seasoning
- 100g frozen vegetables, steamed
1 Cook kumara until tender. Drain and mash. Combine with herb mix and keep warm.
2 Place apricots, orange juice, jam, soy sauce and water in a small pan. Heat until jam has just melted. Purée until smooth and keep warm.
3 Sprinkle steak with a little Tuscan seasoning. Cook steak in a non-stick pan or under grill until tinged lightly golden. Serve steak with the sauce, mash and steamed vegetables.
The apricot purée works equally well with a chicken breast, too.
You can make the kumara mash in a larger quantity and then keep in the fridge in a sealed container for a few days.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 16g
–Saturated fat 4g
Dietary fibre 10g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
More recipes you may like