Roasted harissa sweet potato and salmon salad
- 2 teaspoons gluten-free harissa paste, plus ½ teaspoon extra
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 500g sweet potato, peeled, cut into 2cm cubes
- 2 x 200g skinless salmon fillets
- 1 bunch watercress, leaves picked
- 1 large Lebanese cucumber, peeled into ribbons
- 200g snow peas, thinly sliced
- ¹⁄³ cup (80g) low-fat plain yoghurt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, plus lemon wedges, to serve
Log In or Sign Up to save this recipe to your shopping list.
1 Preheat oven to 190°C. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper. Place harissa and oil in a large mixing bowl, stirring to combine. Add sweet potato, tossing to coat. Transfer to one prepared tray and bake for 25 minutes or until golden and tender. Place fish on second tray and bake for last 10 minutes of sweet potato cooking time or until cooked to your liking.
2 Meanwhile, place watercress, cucumber and snow peas in a salad bowl, tossing to combine. Combine yoghurt, lemon juice and extra harissa in a small bowl.
3 Using a fork, flake salmon into large chunks. Add potatoes and salmon to salad, gently tossing to combine. Drizzle with yoghurt dressing, then serve salad with lemon wedges on the side.
For a budget-friendly version of this salad, replace the salmon fillets with 2 x 185g cans tuna in olive oil (drained).
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 22.3g
–Saturated fat 4.6g
Dietary fibre 8.2g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
More recipes you may like
RELATED ADVICE LATEST ADVICE
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.