Pot roast dinner
(at time of publication)
- 8 medium potatoes
- 4 carrots
- 1 onion
- 1 swede
- 2 courgetteszucchini, summer squashX
- 1kg lamb roast shoulder, rolled
- 2 tablespoons Marmite
- 1 litre cold water
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon (optional)
- Wash potatoes and carrots. Peel and quarter onion. Wash and slice swede and courgettes.
- Place meat in a casserole dish. Spread Marmite all over the meat. Arrange potatoes and vegetables next to meat. Add water, rosemary and cinnamon (if using). Cover with a tight-fitting lid.
- It isn’t necessary to preheat the oven. Bake at 160ºC for 2 hours. Do not peek until the roast is done. Use oven mitts to remove the casserole dish from oven (or ask a grown-up). Serve with meat juice.
You need a very deep pan to make this pot roast to fit all the veges.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 12g
–Saturated fat 5g
Dietary fibre 6g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.