Pumpkin, cauliflower and spinach curry with quinoa
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 200g (1 cup) quinoa, rinsed
- 1 red onion, cut in thin wedges
- 1 tablespoon korma curry paste
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 400g cauliflower, trimmed, cut in florets
- 400g can chickpeagarbanzoXsgarbanzosX, drained, rinsed
- 500g pumpkin, peeled, cut in 2cm cubes
- 130g baby spinach
Total fat 7g
Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 12g
1 Place quinoa in a large pan with 1 cup cold water. Bring to the boil then reduce heat to low. Cover. Simmer for about 12-15 minutes until water has evaporated.
2 Spray a large wok or non-stick pan with oil and place over a medium-high heat. Add onion and cook for 3-4 minutes or until light golden. Add curry paste and cook, stirring, for 1 more minute or until fragrant.
3 Add tomatoes, cauliflower, chickpeas, pumpkin and 1/2 cup water. Stir to combine and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low and cover. Simmer for 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender-crisp, adding a little more water if too thick.
4 Remove from heat. Stir through spinach and season to taste with ground black pepper. Serve with prepared quinoa.
Make it gluten free: Check curry paste is gluten free.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us