Peanut chicken stir-fry
(at time of publication)
- 2 tablespoons reduced-salt soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons mirin
- 1 tablespoon no-added-salt-and-sugar peanut butter
- 3 teaspoons curry powder
- 500g chicken breast fillet, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large white onion, cut into thin wedges
- 2 large carrots, halved lengthways, thinly sliced
- 1 large zucchini/courgette, cut into batons
- 200g snow peas, halved
- ¼ red cabbage, shredded
- 450g pouch microwavable brown rice, heated, to serve
- 2 tablespoons chopped unsalted roasted peanuts, to serve
1 Place soy sauce, mirin, peanut butter, 1 teaspoon curry powder and 1 tablespoon hot water in a small bowl, whisking to combine. Set aside.
2 Place chicken in a large mixing bowl. Add remaining curry powder and toss to coat. Heat half the oil in a large wok over high heat. Working in two batches, add chicken and cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until golden. Transfer to a plate.
3 Add remaining oil, onion and carrot to wok and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Add zucchini and snow peas and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add cabbage and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until just wilted. Return chicken to wok. Add reserved sauce mixture and stir well to combine. Divide rice and stir-fry among four bowls. Serve sprinkled with peanuts.
Cutting the chicken and all the veg into similarly small, bite-sized pieces helps to ensure everything cooks evenly and quickly.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 20.9g
–Saturated fat 4.3g
Dietary fibre 11.8g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.