Quick soda bread rolls
Time to make: 35 mins
( Hands-on time: 10 mins )
(at time of publication)
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 2 2/3 cups wholemeal flour, plus 2 tablespoons for dusting
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugarlight brown cane sugarX
- 1 1/4 cups buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds
Total fat 2g
Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 5g
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper. In a large bowl, mix all dry ingredients except seeds. Stir through buttermilk.
- Bring together with your hands and knead sticky dough very lightly, using a little flour if too sticky. Shape into a long sausage and place on a board.
- Use a sharp knife to cut into even-sized buns. Place on the baking trays, sprinkle with flour and pumpkin seeds. Bake for 20-25 minutes.
Eat warm from the oven, or on the day of making, with your favourite soup.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us