Quick soda bread rolls
(at time of publication)
- 2 ⅔ cups wholemeal flour, plus 2 tablespoons for dusting
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugarlight brown cane sugarX
- 1 ¼ cups buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper. In a large bowl, mix all dry ingredients except seeds. Stir through buttermilk.
- Bring together with your hands and knead sticky dough very lightly, using a little flour if too sticky. Shape into a long sausage and place on a board.
- Use a sharp knife to cut into even-sized buns. Place on the baking trays, sprinkle with flour and pumpkin seeds. Bake for 20-25 minutes.
Eat warm from the oven, or on the day of making, with your favourite soup.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 2g
–Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 5g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us