Quick soda bread rolls
- 2 ⅔ cups wholemeal flour, plus 2 tablespoons for dusting
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugarlight brown cane sugarX
- 1 ¼ cups buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper. In a large bowl, mix all dry ingredients except seeds. Stir through buttermilk.
- Bring together with your hands and knead sticky dough very lightly, using a little flour if too sticky. Shape into a long sausage and place on a board.
- Use a sharp knife to cut into even-sized buns. Place on the baking trays, sprinkle with flour and pumpkin seeds. Bake for 20-25 minutes.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 2g
–Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 5g
Eat warm from the oven, or on the day of making, with your favourite soup.
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us