Rigatoni with ratatouille vegetablesReviewed by our expert panel
(at time of publication)
- 200g rigatoni
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium eggplantaubergineX, cut into 2cm pieces
- 1 small red onion, cut into wedges
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- ¼ cup chopped fresh basil, plus extra to garnish
- 2 x 400g cans tomatoes with mixed herbs
- 1 medium courgette, halved and thickly sliced
- 2 capsicums (one red, one green), chopped into 2cm pieces
- 420g can no-added-salt chickpeagarbanzoXsgarbanzosX, rinsed, drained
- 8 cups baby spinach
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan, to serve (optional)
- In a large pot of boiling water, cook pasta according to packet instructions. Drain and return to pot.
- Meanwhile, in a large non-stick frying pan, heat olive oil over medium. Gently fry eggplant and onion for 5 minutes.
- Add garlic, basil and canned tomatoes, rinsing the cans with 1 cup water and adding to the pan. Cover and simmer, stirring often, for 8-10 minutes, or until eggplant is tender. Add the courgette and capsicum. Cook uncovered for 5 minutes.
- Stir through the chickpeas and allow to warm through for 2 minutes. Add the pasta and the baby spinach. Season well with cracked black pepper. Divide into 4 bowls and sprinkle with parmesan, if desired, and basil.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free pasta and check canned tomatoes are gluten free.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 8g
–Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 12g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information