Healthy chicken and potato parcels
- 400g new potatoes, thinly sliced
- 4 x 150g skinless chicken breasts
- oil spray
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 large carrot, thinly sliced
- 200g tin chopped tomatoes, semi- drained
- ¼ teaspoon crushed dried chillies
- 2 zucchini/ courgettezucchiniXszucchini, summer squashX, cut into batons and steamed, to serve
- You will also need string soaked in water, for tying
1 Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan 180°C/gas 6. Steam the potatoes for 5 min or until just tender.
2 Spray the chicken with a little oil and sprinkle with the paprika and cumin. Put a large frying pan over a high heat, then brown the chicken on both sides. Set aside and keep warm.
3 Cut four 50cm squares of baking paper and put each in a cereal bowl. Put a quarter of the potatoes, onion, carrot and tomatoes in the middle of each baking paper square. Top with a chicken breast and a pinch of the dried chillies.
4 Gather the edges of the paper and tie together with pre-soaked string to form 4 parcels. Put the parcels on a large baking tray and bake for 30 min or until the chicken is cooked (cover with foil if the paper starts to burn). Serve with the steamed courgettes.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 3g
–Saturated fat 0.7g
Dietary fibre 4g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
More recipes you may like