Roasted cauliflower and kumara salad with chicken and feta
(at time of publication)
- 3 cups cauliflower florets
- 400g kumarasweet-potatoX, peeled and diced in 1–2cm cubes
- 1 teaspoon mild curry powder
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- pinch of salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- ¾ cup frozen edamame beans, defrosted
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds
- 250g cooked lean chicken, shredded
- 100g feta
- 3 cups baby spinach leaves
- ⅓ cup low-fat plain yoghurt
- 1 teaspoon runny honey
- 1 teaspoon wholegrain mustard
- To serve
- handful coriandercilantroX leaves
1 Heat oven to 200°C. Line a deep baking tray with baking paper.
2 Place cauliflower and kumara in baking tray, sprinkle with curry powder, add oil and season with salt and pepper, then use your hands to mix through well. Bake for 25 minutes, turning after 15 minutes, and remove from oven.
3 Scatter with edamame beans and pumpkin seeds and return to oven for a further 5 minutes. Remove from oven and add chicken, feta and spinach leaves and toss well.
4 Combine dressing ingredients in a small bowl and mix well.
5 Divide salad among plates and drizzle with dressing. Scatter with coriander leaves.
Make it gluten free: Check curry powder and mustard are gluten free.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 18g
–Saturated fat 6g
Dietary fibre 7g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.