Oaty apple and berry cake
- 2½ cups wholemeal flour
- 2 cups rolled oatsoatmeal uncookedX
- ½ cup oat bran
- ¾ cup brown sugarlight brown cane sugarX
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ⅔ cup canola oil
- ¾ cup low-fat plain yoghurt
- 2 medium eggs
- 2 medium apples, skin on, cored and finely diced
- 2 cups fresh or frozen berries
- ½ tablespoon icingfrostingX sugar, to dust
1 Preheat the oven to 180ºC/fan 160°C/gas 4. Line a 20cm x 30cm baking tin with baking paper.
2 Combine all the dry ingredients in a bowl. In a separate bowl, whisk together the oil, yoghurt and eggs, then add to the dry ingredients and mix well.
3 Press three-quarters of the mixture into the base of the prepared tin. Sprinkle with the apples and berries, then spoon over the remaining mix and spread evenly.
4 Bake for 30–40 min, until golden. Leave to cool in the tin before turning out and cutting into 24 pieces. Dust with the icing sugar to serve.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 8g
–Saturated fat 0.7g
Dietary fibre 2.9g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information