- 1/2 x 106g can sardines in tomato sauce
- 1 spring onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 x 400g can mixed beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- oil spray
- 1 flour tortilla, white or wholemeal
- 3 tablespoons grated mozzarella cheese
- crispy lettuce leaves
1 Place sardines in a bowl with onion, beans and tomato. Mix together.
2 Spray a non-stick pan with oil. Add tortilla and leave to warm in the pan for a few seconds. Flip.
3 Add sardines and bean mix to one half of the tortilla. Scatter over cheese.
4 Fold the uncovered tortilla half over and cook for 1 1/2 minutes or until cheese has melted. Transfer to a plate. Cut in 3 and serve with lettuce.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 23g
Saturated fat 6g
Dietary fibre 12g
Make it meat free: Omit sardines and use the full can of mixed beans instead.
- Canned mixed beans are a good choice to add to pasta salads for portable meals.
- NOTE: This meal is not suitable for those following a low-sodium diet.
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.