Sesame tofu on Asian veges
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- oil spray
- 100g firm tofu cubed
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 spring onion thinly sliced (white and light green part only)
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1/2 clove garlic, grated
- 1/4 red chilli, deseeded and chopped
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 carrot, sliced thinly
- 3 florets broccoli, sliced thinly
- 4 leaves bok choi (or any Asian greens), thinly sliced lengthways
- 1 tablespoon reduced-salt soy sauce
- juice of 1/2 lime
- 3/4 cup cooked brown rice
Total fat 25g
Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 10g
1 Spray pan with oil and place over a high heat. Cook tofu with sesame seeds until browned and crispy. Set aside.
2 Place pan over a medium heat and gently fry spring onion, ginger, garlic and chilli in sesame oil until fragrant. Stir to prevent sticking. Add carrot and green veges, then soy sauce and a splash of water. Increase heat and cover. Steam for 3-4 minutes.
3 Add the sesame tofu and toss to heat. Squeeze lime juice on top and serve with brown rice.
Make it gluten free: Check tofu and soy sauce are gluten free.
Rate this recipe
0 People Rated This Recipe
- (0 / 5)
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us