Roasted veg, avocado and walnut salad
- 500g packet diced sweet potato/ kumarasweet-potatoX & pumpkin mix
- 2 small red onions, cut into 5cm wedges
- 2 teaspoons garlic-infused olive oil
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried chilli flakes
- 400g can no-added-salt black beans, rinsed, drained
- 100g baby rocketarugulaX
- 250g packet cooked beetrootbeetsX, drained, cut into 5cm wedges
- 2 small avocados, thinly sliced
- ½ cup gluten-free green goddess dressing, to serve
- ²⁄³ cup walnuts, toasted, chopped, to serve
1 Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
2 Place pumpkin mix and onion on prepared tray. Drizzle with oil, sprinkle over cumin and dried chilli, then roast for 15 minutes or until vegies are golden brown and tender. Remove tray from oven and cool for 5 minutes.
3 Add black beans to roasted veg, tossing to combine. Place rocket on a large serving platter. Top with roasted veg and bean mix, then beetroot and avocado. Divide salad among four serving bowls, then serve drizzled with green goddess dressing and sprinkled with walnuts.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 31.3g
–Saturated fat 3.9g
Dietary fibre 17.6g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.