Simple herb marinade
- ½ cup fresh mint
- ½ cup fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 6 anchovies
1 Place all ingredients in a blender and whizz until smooth. Use to marinate meat for at least 1 hour or overnight.
2 Once marinated, heat a non-stick pan until hot and cook meat until evenly seared on all sides. Leave to rest for 10 minutes then slice just before serving.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 11g
Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 1g
Works well with chicken, lamb and fish. Serve marinated meat with a mixed salad.
Make it gluten free: Check mustard is gluten free.
- Marinade keeps for 2 days in a sealed container in the fridge.
- Works well with chicken, lamb and fish.
- Use lean cuts of meat.
- Place marinade and meat in a non-metallic dish to marinate.
- To allow flavours to be absorbed into the food, use a sharp knife to make slits in the surface of the meat before marinating.
- Once marinated, keep meat and fish in the fridge covered until ready to cook.
- Once cooked, leave meat to stand for 5-10 minutes to allow the meat to rest so the juices re-absorb into the meat.
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us