Smoky BBQ chickpea trail mix
- 400g can no-added-salt chickpeagarbanzoXsgarbanzosX, rinsed, drained (remove any outer skins)
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- ½ –1 teaspoon chilli powder (optional)
- ½ cup mixed seeds (pumpkin, sunflower seeds)
1 Preheat oven to 150°C. Line a large baking tray with baking paper. In a large mixing bowl, combine the chickpeas and the spices.
2 Spread the mixture onto the baking tray in a single layer. Spray with olive oil and roast for about 45–50 minutes, tossing occasionally, or until golden and crunchy. Add mixed seeds to tray and roast for 5 minutes more. Remove the mixture from the oven and allow to cool.
3 Store the trail mix in an airtight container, or divide mixture into 10 portions and seal well.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 3.8g
–Saturated fat 0.6g
Dietary fibre 2.3g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
More recipes you may like