Smoky BBQ chickpea trail mix
- 400g can no-added-salt chickpeagarbanzoXsgarbanzosX, rinsed, drained (remove any outer skins)
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- ½ –1 teaspoon chilli powder (optional)
- ½ cup mixed seeds (pumpkin, sunflower seeds)
1 Preheat oven to 150°C. Line a large baking tray with baking paper. In a large mixing bowl, combine the chickpeas and the spices.
2 Spread the mixture onto the baking tray in a single layer. Spray with olive oil and roast for about 45–50 minutes, tossing occasionally, or until golden and crunchy. Add mixed seeds to tray and roast for 5 minutes more. Remove the mixture from the oven and allow to cool.
3 Store the trail mix in an airtight container, or divide mixture into 10 portions and seal well.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 3.8g
–Saturated fat 0.6g
Dietary fibre 2.3g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.