Smoky pumpkin and white bean chilliReviewed by our expert panel
(at time of publication)
- spray oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons chilli powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- ½ tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon brown sugarlight brown cane sugarX
- 3 cups diced pumpkin, skin on (cut in 2cm cubes)
- 2 x 400g cans cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup frozen corn sweetcornXkernels
- 400g can cherry tomatoes
- 3 cups chopped silver beet
- To serve
- 1 cup red or brown rice
- 80g crumbled feta
- coriandercilantroX leaves, to garnish
1 Spray a pan with oil (or use the sear function on your slow cooker). Add onion and garlic and cook until softened. Add chilli and cumin and stir to combine. Cook for 1 minute.
2 Combine remaining ingredients with the onion mixture in the slow cooker. Add 1 cup water to cover.
3 Cook in slow cooker for 8 hours on low or 6 hours on high, until pumpkin is tender.
4 Cook rice according to packet instructions. Serve chilli with rice, sprinkled with feta and coriander leaves.
Make it gluten free: Check ground spices are gluten free.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 11g
–Saturated fat 5g
Dietary fibre 15g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information