Smoky pumpkin and white bean chilli
- spray oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons chilli powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- ½ tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon brown sugarlight brown cane sugarX
- 3 cups diced pumpkin, skin on (cut in 2cm cubes)
- 2 x 400g cans cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup frozen corn sweetcornXkernels
- 400g can cherry tomatoes
- 3 cups chopped silver beet
- To serve
- 1 cup red or brown rice
- 80g crumbled feta
- coriandercilantroX leaves, to garnish
Log In or Sign Up to save this recipe to your shopping list.
1 Spray a pan with oil (or use the sear function on your slow cooker). Add onion and garlic and cook until softened. Add chilli and cumin and stir to combine. Cook for 1 minute.
2 Combine remaining ingredients with the onion mixture in the slow cooker. Add 1 cup water to cover.
3 Cook in slow cooker for 8 hours on low or 6 hours on high, until pumpkin is tender.
4 Cook rice according to packet instructions. Serve chilli with rice, sprinkled with feta and coriander leaves.
Make it gluten free: Check ground spices are gluten free.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 11g
–Saturated fat 5g
Dietary fibre 15g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
More recipes you may like
RELATED ADVICE LATEST ADVICE
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.