Spicy chicken and bean salad
(at time of publication)
- 2 x 425g cans mixed beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 cup fresh or frozen peas, thawed
- 1 small red onion, finely diced
- ¼ cup chopped fresh chives
- 2 red capsicums, diced
- 4 tablespoons light vinaigrette made with 3 tablespoons vinegar and 1 tablespoon oil
- 500g skinless chicken breasts, diced
- 2 teaspoons Cajun spice mix
- 3 slices grainy bread
- 4 tablespoons low-fat plain yoghurt
1 In a large bowl combine beans, peas, red onion, chives and capsicums. Mix well until combined.
2 Heat oil in large non-stick frying pan. When hot add chicken and sprinkle with spice mix. Stir-fry until cooked.
3 Toast bread and cut into squares to make croutons. Add to salad with chicken. Drizzle salad with vinaigrette and divide among plates. Top with a dollop of yoghurt and a sprinkle of extra chives if preferred.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free bread and check seasoning and yoghurt are gluten free.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 11g
–Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 13g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information