Spicy guacamole dip
(at time of publication)
- 1 ripe avocado
- ½–1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 spring onion, finely chopped
- 1–2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 small red chilli, deseeded, finely chopped
- few drops Tabasco sauce (optional)
- 1 ⅓ cups low-fat Greek-style yoghurt
- 1 teaspoon dukkah
- To serve
- 3 wholemeal pita breads, cut into triangles, sprayed with olive oil and grilled until crispy
- 1 cup carrot sticks
- 1 cup capsicum sticks
- 1 cup celery sticks
- sprinkling chilli flakes (optional)
Log In or Sign Up to save this recipe to your shopping list.
1 Mash the avocado with lemon juice, then mix in the spring onion, garlic and chilli. Add the remaining ingredients and mix well.
2 Season to taste; chill. Serve with pita chips and vege sticks, and a sprinkling of chilli flakes if desired.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free wraps instead of pita breads, and check Tabasco sauce, yoghurt and dukkah are gluten free.
- This dip will keep in the fridge for two days.
- Re-taste dip just before serving as flavours can alter while chilling.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 11g
–Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 4g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
RELATED ADVICE LATEST ADVICE
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.