Spicy guacamole dip
- 1 ripe avocado
- ½–1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 spring onion, finely chopped
- 1–2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 small red chilli, deseeded, finely chopped
- few drops Tabasco sauce (optional)
- 1 ⅓ cups low-fat Greek-style yoghurt
- 1 teaspoon dukkah
- To serve
- 3 wholemeal pita breads, cut into triangles, sprayed with olive oil and grilled until crispy
- 1 cup carrot sticks
- 1 cup capsicum sticks
- 1 cup celery sticks
- sprinkling chilli flakes (optional)
1 Mash the avocado with lemon juice, then mix in the spring onion, garlic and chilli. Add the remaining ingredients and mix well.
2 Season to taste; chill. Serve with pita chips and vege sticks, and a sprinkling of chilli flakes if desired.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 11g
Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 4g
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free wraps instead of pita breads, and check Tabasco sauce, yoghurt and dukkah are gluten free.
- This dip will keep in the fridge for two days.
- Re-taste dip just before serving as flavours can alter while chilling.
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us