Greek mezze bowl with chickpeas and haloumi
- 2 x 400g cans chickpeagarbanzoXsgarbanzosX, drained and rinsed
- ²⁄³ cup roasted capsicum
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 cucumber, halved lengthways, sliced
- ¹⁄³ cup black olives, pitted
- ¹⁄³ cup loosely packed fresh parsley leaves, chives or dill
- 120g baby spinach leaves
- 150g salt-reduced haloumi, sliced
- 2 pita breads, cut into wedges and toasted
1 Place half the chickpeas, capsicum, 2 teaspoons lemon juice and a drizzle of olive oil in a blender. Blitz to make hummus.
2 Place remaining chickpeas and lemon juice in a large bowl. Drizzle with olive oil, mixing well to combine. Add tomato, cucumber, olives, herbs and spinach, tossing to combine.
3 Heat a frying pan over high heat. Spray both sides of haloumi slices with olive oil and cook for 1 minute on each side or until golden. Divide salad among serving plates. Top with haloumi and hummus and serve with toasted pita.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 16.3g
–Saturated fat 5.5g
Dietary fibre 12.3g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information