Greek mezze bowl with chickpeas and haloumi
- 2 x 400g cans chickpeagarbanzoXsgarbanzosX, drained and rinsed
- ²⁄³ cup roasted capsicum
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 cucumber, halved lengthways, sliced
- ¹⁄³ cup black olives, pitted
- ¹⁄³ cup loosely packed fresh parsley leaves, chives or dill
- 120g baby spinach leaves
- 150g salt-reduced haloumi, sliced
- 2 pita breads, cut into wedges and toasted
Log In or Sign Up to save this recipe to your shopping list.
1 Place half the chickpeas, capsicum, 2 teaspoons lemon juice and a drizzle of olive oil in a blender. Blitz to make hummus.
2 Place remaining chickpeas and lemon juice in a large bowl. Drizzle with olive oil, mixing well to combine. Add tomato, cucumber, olives, herbs and spinach, tossing to combine.
3 Heat a frying pan over high heat. Spray both sides of haloumi slices with olive oil and cook for 1 minute on each side or until golden. Divide salad among serving plates. Top with haloumi and hummus and serve with toasted pita.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 16.3g
–Saturated fat 5.5g
Dietary fibre 12.3g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
RELATED ADVICE LATEST ADVICE
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.