Spicy pork and quinoa lettuce cups
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed, drained
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 500g lean pork mince
- 1 fresh long red chilli, seeded, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 stick lemongrass, white part only, finely chopped
- 2 bunches broccolini, trimmed, cut into 4cm lengths or 4 cups small broccoli florets
- 1 large carrot, peeled, grated
- 1 medium red capsicum, deseeded, diced
- 2 cups bean sprouts
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 8 large iceberg lettuce leaves, to serve
- Place quinoa and 1 cup water in a saucepan and bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 12–15 minutes, or until quinoa is al dente.
- Meanwhile, heat half the oil in a wok over high heat. Add mince and stir-fry for 2–3 minutes, or until browned. Transfer to a bowl.
- Return wok to high heat and add remaining oil. Stir-fry chilli, garlic and lemongrass for 1 minute, or until fragrant. Add broccolini, carrot and capsicum and stir-fry for 2 minutes, or until just tender.
- Add quinoa, half the bean sprouts and mince to wok. Add hoisin sauce and stir-fry until heated through.
- Serve pork mixture in lettuce leaves topped with remaining bean sprouts.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 17g
Saturated fat 5g
Dietary fibre 10g
Make it gluten free: Check hoisin sauce is gluten free.
Make it vegan: Replace pork with TVP (textured vegetable protein) mince made up with vegan stock. Check hoisin sauce is vegan.
NOTE: If you have a nut allergy and are using packaged goods in recipes, please check the allergen warning on the packet regarding nuts.
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us