Spicy pork and quinoa lettuce cups
(at time of publication)
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed, drained
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 500g lean pork mince
- 1 fresh long red chilli, seeded, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 stick lemongrass, white part only, finely chopped
- 2 bunches broccolini, trimmed, cut into 4cm lengths or 4 cups small broccoli florets
- 1 large carrot, peeled, grated
- 1 medium red capsicum, deseeded, diced
- 2 cups bean sprouts
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 8 large iceberg lettuce leaves, to serve
- Place quinoa and 1 cup water in a saucepan and bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 12–15 minutes, or until quinoa is al dente.
- Meanwhile, heat half the oil in a wok over high heat. Add mince and stir-fry for 2–3 minutes, or until browned. Transfer to a bowl.
- Return wok to high heat and add remaining oil. Stir-fry chilli, garlic and lemongrass for 1 minute, or until fragrant. Add broccolini, carrot and capsicum and stir-fry for 2 minutes, or until just tender.
- Add quinoa, half the bean sprouts and mince to wok. Add hoisin sauce and stir-fry until heated through.
- Serve pork mixture in lettuce leaves topped with remaining bean sprouts.
Make it gluten free: Check hoisin sauce is gluten free.
Make it vegan: Replace pork with TVP (textured vegetable protein) mince made up with vegan stock. Check hoisin sauce is vegan.
NOTE: If you have a nut allergy and are using packaged goods in recipes, please check the allergen warning on the packet regarding nuts.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 17g
–Saturated fat 5g
Dietary fibre 10g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us