Spicy steak with Mexican style-salad
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground chilli powder
- 450g lean beef steaks, such as sirloin, fat trimmed
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 cups frozen corn, defrosted
- 1 large red capsicum, finely diced
- 1-2 jalapenos or other chillis (to your taste)
- 3 spring onions, very finely sliced
- 4 large tomatoes, diced
- 1 avocado, diced
- juice of 1 lemon or lime
- freshly ground black pepper
- fresh coriandercilantroX, to garnish
1 Mix the cumin and chilli powder in a small bowl then rub 1/4 of the mix over each steak. Set aside to allow the spices to soak into the meat.
2 In a large bowl combine all salad ingredients and season with pepper. Cover and set aside until ready to serve.
3 Lightly spray a large pan with oil and cook the steaks to your liking. Remove from the heat when cooked and leave to rest for a couple of minutes.
4 Slice steaks thinly. Serve the salad with the sliced beef and garnish with coriander.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 25g
–Saturated fat 7g
Dietary fibre 11g
- You can use chilli flakes in place of fresh jalapeno or chilli and add coriander.
- Make it gluten free: Check spices are gluten free.
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us