Steak with horseradish cream, baked potato and greensReviewed by our expert panel
(at time of publication)
- 1 potato, scrubbed
- 1 teaspoon reduced-fat sour cream
- 3 teaspoons plain low-fat yoghurt
- 1 teaspoon horseradish sauce
- spray oil
- 1 (about 130g) scotch fillet steak
- ½ cup broccoli florets, chopped
- ¾ cup green beans, trimmed
- 1 cup spinach leaves, roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon sliced almonds
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- ground black pepper to taste
- almonds, to garnish
1 Preheat oven to 200°C. Cut a cross in the top of the potato. Microwave on high for 6-7 minutes, until softened. Place on a tray in the oven for about 15 minutes, until browned and skin is crisp.
2 Combine sour cream, yoghurt and horseradish in a bowl. Set aside.
3 Heat a heavy-based pan over a high heat and spray with oil. Add steak and cook until done to your liking — 3-4 minutes for medium rare.
4 While steaks are cooking, steam or microwave broccoli and beans until tender. Add spinach leaves in the last 30 seconds and cook until just wilted. Mix veges with olive oil and season with pepper. Garnish with almonds.
5 Serve steak with potato and greens, with horseradish cream on the side.
Make it gluten free: Check sour cream and horseradish sauce are gluten free.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 21g
–Saturated fat 7g
Dietary fibre 8g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information