Super-green falafel bowl topped with beetroot hummus
- Green falafels
- 400g can chickpeagarbanzoXsgarbanzosX, drained
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1 small egg
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1½ cups fresh chopped parsley and/or coriandercilantroX
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup besan ( chickpeagarbanzoX) or wholemeal flour
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 12–16 falafels (from recipe above)
- ¾ cup wholemeal couscous
- 1 avocado, quartered
- 100g mixed rocketarugulaX and watercress
- 2 carrots, cut into batons
- 8 radishes, quartered
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, sliced
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 8 tablespoons reduced-fat tzatziki
- 8 tablespoons beetrootbeetsX hummus
- 1½ tablespoons pistachios
1 Place the chickpeas, cashews, egg, garlic, fresh herbs, cumin and salt in a food processor and blend until well combined. Form into small balls, flatten slightly and toss in flour. Heat a non-stick frypan over medium heat. When hot add a drizzle of olive oil and half of the falafels. Cook for 3–4 minutes each side. Turn over to cook the other side. Remove and place on a plate covered with a paper towel, then repeat process with remaining falafels.
2 Pour 1¼ cups of boiling water over couscous, and set aside for 10 minutes. Fluff with a fork. Dip the bottom of the avocado in the sesame seeds to coat.
3 Evenly divide and arrange all ingredients in bowls, top with 3–4 falafels each, beetroot hummus and sprinkle with pistachios.
Make these delicious falafels 3-4 days in advance and store them in the fridge uncooked, until you are ready.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 29.7g
–Saturated fat 5.9g
Dietary fibre 10.9g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.