Tangy chicken with curry mash
(at time of publication)
- 1.2kg mix potatoes, kumarasweet-potatoX and swedes, peeled, cubed
- 2 teaspoons turmeric (optional)
- 4 teaspoons chilli sauce or tamarind paste
- 3 tablespoons mango chutney
- 600g skinless boneless chicken breasts
- 1 head broccoli, broken in florets
- ½ cup low-fat plain yoghurt
- 2-3 teaspoons curry powder
1 Place root vegetables in a pan with water. Add turmeric (if using) then bring to the boil. Simmer for 15 minutes until tender.
2 Mix chilli sauce (or tamarind paste) with mango chutney. Make a few slits in each chicken breast and place on a baking tray. Brush with mango mixture then grill each side for about 6 minutes until cooked through.
3 Cook broccoli until tender. Drain root vegetables. Mash with yoghurt and curry powder. Serve with chicken and broccoli.
Make it gluten free: Check chilli sauce, chutney, yoghurt and curry powder are gluten free.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 5g
–Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 12g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.