- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed or finely chopped
- 3 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 ¼ cup paella rice (we used Delmaine)
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric
- 4 cups hot chicken or vegetable stock
- 300g frozen seafood mix, thawed
- 1 cup frozen shrimps, thawed
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- black pepper, to season
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
1 Heat a non-stick pan for a few minutes with oil. Add onion, garlic and tomatoes. Cook for about 5 minutes, or until softened. Add rice and stir to coat grains evenly. Add turmeric and stock. Bring to the boil, then reduce heat and simmer for about 20 minutes. The rice should retain its shape and be slightly firm. Stir occasionally.
2 Add seafood and shrimps. Mix to distribute evenly through rice. Cook for 8-10 more minutes, until heated through. Add peas during final 5 minutes of cooking seafood. Season with pepper. Sprinkle with parsley before serving.
Paella is traditionally made with chicken or rabbit and spicy chorizo sausage. If you have these, you could add them at the start of cooking.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
total fat N/S
–Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 4g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
More recipes you may like