Seafood and pineapple skewers with coconut-curry sauce
- 8 metal or wooden skewers, soaked in water to prevent burning
- 8 medium raw prawns, peeled, deveined
- 300g white fish fillets, cut into 16 pieces
- ½ small fresh pineapple, peeled, cut into 16 pieces
- 1 teaspoon gluten-free mild curry powder
- ½ cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 250g pouch microwavable basmati rice, heated as directed
- Tomato and mint salad
- 4 medium tomatoes,roughly chopped
- ½ cup chopped fresh mint
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers,roughly chopped
- zest and juice 1 lemon
Log In or Sign Up to save this recipe to your shopping list.
1 Divide and thread prawns,fish fillets and pineapple onto skewers. Sprinkle skewers with half of the curry powder.
2 Combine remaining curry powder and coconut milk in a small pan over medium heat. Cook, stirring until warm and slightly thickened; set aside.
3 Make Tomato and mint salad: Combine all ingredients in a bowl with 2 teaspoons of olive oil; stir to combine. Cover, chill.
4 Heat a barbecue hotplate or chargrill pan over medium heat. Spray skewers with olive oil and grill for 3–4 minutes, turning often. Place on a platter. Pour coconut–curry sauce over the skewers. Serve with tomato
and mint salad, and rice.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 9.3g
–Saturated fat 5.3g
Dietary fibre 5.5g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
More recipes you may like
Prawns, shrimps recipes
RELATED ADVICE LATEST ADVICE
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.