Seafood and pineapple skewers with coconut-curry sauce
- 8 metal or wooden skewers, soaked in water to prevent burning
- 8 medium raw prawns, peeled, deveined
- 300g white fish fillets, cut into 16 pieces
- ½ small fresh pineapple, peeled, cut into 16 pieces
- 1 teaspoon gluten-free mild curry powder
- ½ cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 250g pouch microwavable basmati rice, heated as directed
- Tomato and mint salad
- 4 medium tomatoes,roughly chopped
- ½ cup chopped fresh mint
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers,roughly chopped
- zest and juice 1 lemon
1 Divide and thread prawns,fish fillets and pineapple onto skewers. Sprinkle skewers with half of the curry powder.
2 Combine remaining curry powder and coconut milk in a small pan over medium heat. Cook, stirring until warm and slightly thickened; set aside.
3 Make Tomato and mint salad: Combine all ingredients in a bowl with 2 teaspoons of olive oil; stir to combine. Cover, chill.
4 Heat a barbecue hotplate or chargrill pan over medium heat. Spray skewers with olive oil and grill for 3–4 minutes, turning often. Place on a platter. Pour coconut–curry sauce over the skewers. Serve with tomato
and mint salad, and rice.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 9.3g
–Saturated fat 5.3g
Dietary fibre 5.5g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information