Thai rice sambal
(at time of publication)
- 4 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- handful fresh coriandercilantroX, chopped
- handful fresh mint, chopped
- ½ medium red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 2-3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 2-3 stalks fresh lemongrass, finely chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 capsicum, chopped
- 2 courgetteszucchini, summer squashX, cut into small strips
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugarlight brown cane sugarX
- handful toasted peanuts, to garnish (optional)
Log In or Sign Up to save this recipe to your shopping list.
1 Heat the oil in a large frying pan or wok, add the lemongrass, garlic and ginger, then add the vegetables and stir-fry for 1-2 minutes. Add the soy sauce, sugar and the rice and toss thoroughly before adding the mint and coriander.
2 Garnish with peanuts and serve as a side dish or as a light meal or snack.
Adjust the spice using more or less chilli to suit your taste.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 7.3g
–Saturated fat 1.1g
Dietary fibre 3.9g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
More recipes you may like
RELATED ADVICE LATEST ADVICE
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.