Middle Eastern lamb pizza
- 300g lamb backstrap
- 1 teaspoon sumac, plus
- ½ teaspoon extra to serve
- 2 x 150g gluten-free pizza bases
- ¹⁄³ cup no-added-salt tomato paste
- 60g baby spinach leaves, plus
- 60g extra to serve
- 2 small courgetteszucchini, summer squashX, thinly sliced
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 red capsicum, thinly sliced
- ½ cup finely grated cheddar
- ¹⁄³ cup Greek-style yoghurt
- zest of ½ lemon, to serve
1 Preheat oven to 190°C. Sprinkle lamb evenly with sumac. Heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add lamb and cook for 2–3 minutes each side or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate. Rest for 3 minutes before thinly slicing.
2 Place pizza bases on 2 large baking trays. Spread evenly with tomato paste, then top with spinach, courgettes, onion, capsicum and cheese. Bake, swapping trays halfway through cooking, for 12 minutes or until pizzas are golden. Top with lamb.
3 Meanwhile combine yoghurt with extra sumac. Dollop onto pizzas, then serve topped with extra spinach and lemon zest.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 8.4g
–Saturated fat 3.1g
Dietary fibre 7.5g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.