Tofu stir-fry with Asian greens, chilli and lemongrassReviewed by our expert panel
(at time of publication)
- spray oil
- 400g firm tofu, diced in
- 2cm cubes
- 1 stalk lemongrass, trimmed, white part finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 long red chilli, de-seeded, finely chopped
- 2 medium-sized carrots, peeled, cut in thin matchsticks
- 1 red capsicum, de-seeded, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch choy sum, trimmed
- 1 bunch (3 cups) Chinese broccoli, leaves and stems separated
- 2 tablespoons salt-reduced soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
1 Spray a large wok with oil and set over a high heat. Add tofu in batches. Stir-fry for 2-3 minutes or until golden brown. Remove tofu from wok and set aside.
2 Return wok to high heat and spray lightly with oil. Add lemongrass, garlic and chilli. Stir-fry for 30 seconds or until fragrant. Add carrots and stir-fry for 2 minutes. Add capsicum and stir-fry for 1 minute. Add choy sum, broccoli leaves and stems and 2 tablespoons water. Stir-fry for 2-3 more minutes or until vegetables are tender-crisp.
3 Return tofu to wok. Add soy and sesame oil. Toss until well combined and heated through.
4 Divide rice among plates. Top with stir-fry and serve immediately.
Make it gluten free: Check tofu is gluten free.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 12g
–Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 9g
Last updated date: 4 April 2019
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information