Sweet Cajun salmon
- 2 x 120g salmon fillets
- 3/4 cup + 2 tablespoons quinoa
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1 cup sweetcorn, sliced off the cob (or use frozen kernels)
- 150g watercress, roughly chopped, to serve
- For the cajun marinade
- 1 tablespoon milled flaxseed (or gluten-free wholemeal breadcrumbs)
- 2 teaspoon cajun spice blend
- Grated zest and juice 1 lime
- 1 teaspoon brown sugarlight brown cane sugarX or coconut sugar
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil, melted
1 Mix the marinade ingredients in a bowl. Add the salmon fillets and leave to marinate for 20 min. While the salmon is marinating, soak the quinoa in a bowl of water for the same amount of time.
2 Add the quinoa to a dry saucepan set over a medium heat and toast the grains for a few min. Boil 1 3/4 cups water, then add it to the pan of quinoa along with the paprika, sweetcorn and some freshly ground black pepper. Simmer for 15 min, then plate up with the watercress.
3 Meanwhile, heat a frying pan over a medium-low heat. Transfer the marinated fillets to the pan, skin side down, pressing them gently for the first 30 sec. Cook for about 6 min until the top side begins to turn opaque, then flip the fillets over and cook on the other side for a further 3–4 min until cooked through.
Serve salmon next to quinoa and watercress mix.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 27g
–Saturated fat 7.7g
Dietary fibre 12g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
More recipes you may like