Vegan cabbage, tomato and spring onion stir-fry
- 1 tablespoon rapeseed oil
- chunk fresh root ginger, grated
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- 4 ripe medium tomatoes, cored and sliced into quarters
- 1 green capsicum, deseeded and finely chopped
- ½ Chinese cabbage, leaves separated and cut into 2.5cm slices
- 1 tablespoon shaoxing rice wine or dry sherry
- ¼ cup cold vegetable stock, made with a very low salt stock cube (check it’s vegan)
- 1 tablespoon reduced-salt light soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon clear rice vinegar or ciderhard ciderX vinegar
- 1 teaspoon cornflourcornstarchX blended with 1 tablespoon cold water
1 Heat a wok over a high heat until it starts to smoke, then add the oil. Add the ginger and spring onions and stir-fry for a few seconds to release the flavours. Add the tomatoes, capsicum and cabbage and toss for 3 min, until the cabbage starts to wilt and the capsicum is tender.
2 Add the rice wine or sherry and the stock. Stir in the soy sauce and vinegar, then stir in the blended cornflour. Simmer for a min or so to thicken the sauce, then serve.
Serve with rice and tofu for a full meal
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 8.3g
–Saturated fat 0.9g
Dietary fibre 4.6g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.