Vegan cabbage, tomato and spring onion stir-fry
- 1 tablespoon rapeseed oil
- chunk fresh root ginger, grated
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- 4 ripe medium tomatoes, cored and sliced into quarters
- 1 green capsicum, deseeded and finely chopped
- ½ Chinese cabbage, leaves separated and cut into 2.5cm slices
- 1 tablespoon shaoxing rice wine or dry sherry
- ¼ cup cold vegetable stock, made with a very low salt stock cube (check it’s vegan)
- 1 tablespoon reduced-salt light soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon clear rice vinegar or ciderhard ciderX vinegar
- 1 teaspoon cornflourcornstarchX blended with 1 tablespoon cold water
Log In or Sign Up to save this recipe to your shopping list.
1 Heat a wok over a high heat until it starts to smoke, then add the oil. Add the ginger and spring onions and stir-fry for a few seconds to release the flavours. Add the tomatoes, capsicum and cabbage and toss for 3 min, until the cabbage starts to wilt and the capsicum is tender.
2 Add the rice wine or sherry and the stock. Stir in the soy sauce and vinegar, then stir in the blended cornflour. Simmer for a min or so to thicken the sauce, then serve.
Serve with rice and tofu for a full meal
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 8.3g
–Saturated fat 0.9g
Dietary fibre 4.6g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
More recipes you may like
RELATED ADVICE LATEST ADVICE
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.