- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 leek, sliced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 teaspoons yellow mustard seeds
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon garam masala
- 1-2 teaspoons turmeric
- 1 ½ cups liquid reduced-salt vegetable stock
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 1 large orange kumarasweet-potatoX, chopped
- ½ cauliflower, broken in florets
- 300g Brussels sprouts, halved
- 400g can no-added-salt chopped tomatoes
- 1 ½ cups reduced-fat coconut cream (we used Trident)
- 420g can no-added-salt chickpeagarbanzoXsgarbanzosX, drained, rinsed
- 3 cups spinach
- 4 tablespoons fresh coriandercilantroX, chopped, plus extra, to garnish
- To serve
- 4 cups cooked brown rice
- 2 tablespoons flaked almonds, toasted
1 Preheat slow cooker and turn to low. Heat oil in a non-stick pan and cook leek, onion and garlic until soft. Add spices and cook for a few more minutes. Add stock and bring to the boil.
2 Place all vegetables except spinach in slow cooker and pour over spicy stock. Add tomatoes and coconut cream. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours.
3 Add chickpeas and spinach with coriander and cook for 30 more minutes. Serve with rice and flaked almonds, garnished with extra coriander.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 13g
–Saturated fat 6g
Dietary fibre 14g
Make it gluten free: Check spices are gluten free.
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us