Vegetable curryReviewed by our expert panel
(at time of publication)
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 leek, sliced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 teaspoons yellow mustard seeds
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon garam masala
- 1-2 teaspoons turmeric
- 1 ½ cups liquid reduced-salt vegetable stock
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 1 large orange kumarasweet-potatoX, chopped
- ½ cauliflower, broken in florets
- 300g Brussels sprouts, halved
- 400g can no-added-salt chopped tomatoes
- 1 ½ cups reduced-fat coconut cream (we used Trident)
- 420g can no-added-salt chickpeagarbanzoXsgarbanzosX, drained, rinsed
- 3 cups spinach
- 4 tablespoons fresh coriandercilantroX, chopped, plus extra, to garnish
- To serve
- 4 cups cooked brown rice
- 2 tablespoons flaked almonds, toasted
1 Preheat slow cooker and turn to low. Heat oil in a non-stick pan and cook leek, onion and garlic until soft. Add spices and cook for a few more minutes. Add stock and bring to the boil.
2 Place all vegetables except spinach in slow cooker and pour over spicy stock. Add tomatoes and coconut cream. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours.
3 Add chickpeas and spinach with coriander and cook for 30 more minutes. Serve with rice and flaked almonds, garnished with extra coriander.
Make it gluten free: Check spices are gluten free.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 13g
–Saturated fat 6g
Dietary fibre 14g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information