Crispy tuna and pasta bake
- 1 cup high-fibre spiral pasta
- 1½ tablespoons cornflourcornstarchX
- 1½ cups reduced-fat milk
- 420g can no-added-salt sweet corn sweetcornXkernels, drained
- 2 x 185g cans tuna in oil, drained, flaked
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 3 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1½ tablespoons lemon juice
- ²⁄³ cup grated reduced-fat tasty cheese
- ¹⁄³ cup fresh breadcrumbs
- 120g mixed salad greens, to serve
Log In or Sign Up to save this recipe to your shopping list.
1 Preheat oven to 200°C. Cook pasta according to packet instructions. Drain and set aside.
2 Place cornflour and ¼ cup milk in a jug, whisking to combine. Pour remaining milk into a saucepan over medium–high heat and bring to the boil.
Whisk in cornflour mixture and cook for 1 minute or until sauce thickens.
3 Add pasta, corn, tuna, peas, spring onion, lemon juice and half the cheese to pan, stirring well to combine. Spoon mixture into four 1½-cup capacity ramekin dishes. Combine breadcrumbs with remaining cheese in a bowl, then sprinkle evenly over tops. Place dishes on a baking tray, transfer to oven and bake for 20–25 minutes or until tops are just golden. Serve with mixed salad greens.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 8.6g
–Saturated fat 2.4g
Dietary fibre 7.5g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.