Yaki soba noodles with chicken
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 270g dried soba noodles
- 3 tablespoons salt-reduced soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon castor sugar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- oil spray
- 300g chicken breast, thinly sliced
- 150g raw prawns, defrosted
- 2 carrots, sliced in matchsticks
- 1 cup green beans, sliced long
- 2 cups finely shredded green or red cabbage
- 3 spring onions, sliced diagonally
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
Total fat 8g
Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 5g
1 Cook noodles following packet directions. Drain and set aside.
2 Combine soy sauce, sugar and sesame oil with ¼ cup water in a small saucepan. Heat until sugar is dissolved. Set aside.
3 Spray a wok or large frying pan with oil over a high heat. Add chicken and stir-fry for about
3-4 minutes until golden. Add prawns and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes until prawns start to colour. Add vegetables and stir-fry for 2 more minutes. Add soy mixture. Stir through then add noodles and stir to combine.
4 Add egg and stir gently until egg is just cooked. Divide noodles among bowls. Serve garnished with sliced spring onions and sesame seeds.
Make it gluten free: Use rice noodles and check soy sauce is gluten free.